MahMah’s “A Kiss from Heaven” Organic Juice Tea is rich in health-promoting, organic ingredients including:
The kiwi fruit is rich in vitamins. minerals, and flavonoids. Originally from China, it has been used for medicinal purposes for 1,000 years. Kiwi fruit has the potassium content of bananas and even more Vitamin C than oranges. It is also a good source of beta-carotene, which our bodies convert into Vitamin A.1
The high level of antioxidant proanthocyanidins (PACs) in cranberries can prevent bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract walls.2 As a result, cranberries are often used to prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs).
Lavender oil is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. It is often used to help heal small wounds such as minor burns and bug bites. Research into lavender has shown that it may be useful promoting good mental health. It is a promising treatment for a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, and insomnia.3
Papaya is an amazing fruit that is still being studied for its potential health benefits. Papaya is famous as the source of the enzyme papain. Papain functions as a powerful digestive aid. In addition to helping with constipation and bloating, papain is also a pain-reducer and anti-inflammatory. It is commonly used to help heal sore throats.4
Papaya is also filled with other powerful ingredient, including B vitamins, such as folate and pantothenic acid; antioxidants including vitamin C, carotenoids, and bioflavonoids; important minerals such as potassium and magnesium; and phytochemicals that are being studied for their potential to promote health.
In addition, scientist are beginning to recognize the protective role papaya can take in the prevention of a wide variety of conditions: cataract formation, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diverticulosis, and possibly even hypertension.
Blueberries are well-known as a superfood due to their antioxidant content. The antioxidants in blueberries, such as Vitamins C and E as well as anthocyanins and phenolic compounds, help protect the body against many chronic diseases. Based on data from the USDA’s Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (Boston, MA), blueberries are among the fruits with the strongest ability to slow the aging process. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) measures antioxidant activities; researchers have shown that high-ORAC foods such as blueberries may slow down the effects of aging, both on the body and the brain.5
Red raspberries are one of the best sources of dietary fiber that there is. They also contain an extraordinary variety of antioxidants. Two of these, ellagic acid and quercetin, are powerful cancer-fighters that have been shown as effective against many types of cancer cells.6 Raspberries can also help reduce inflammation pain associated with some joint conditions, including gout and arthritis, through the anthocyanins they contain.
Like raspberries, pomegranates contain multiple cancer-fighting compounds. An Israeli study found that pomegranate juice amazingly destroys breast cancer cells without damaging nearby healthy cells.7 The juice also:
- Lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) and raises HDL (good cholesterol)
- Protects the neonatal brain from damage
- Fights developing cancer, including lung cancer and prostate cancer, as well as breast cancer
- Assists in lowering blood pressure – drinking 1.7 ounces of pomegranate juice per day can reduce systolic blood pressure by as much as 5 percent
- Helps prevent osteoarthritis by slowing cartilage deterioration
Cultures around the world use cinnamon for medical purposes. It has proved to be effective due to its high antioxidant activity and its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Cinnamon is also a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium. It has been used for:
- Preventing colds and flus
- Treating Type 2 Diabetes and reducing blood sugar levels
- Reducing cholesterol
- Assisting with menstrual problems
- Treating diarrhea
- Assisting with digestion
- Eliminating bad breath
- Improving memory and other cognitive functioning
- Relieving pain, including toothaches, headaches, arthritis pain, and even migraine pain5
- Weight Loss: Even though honey has more calories than sugar, it is a powerful fat-burner.
- Natural antiseptic: Honey has well-known anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and is used in wound care. Doctors have even used honey to reduce inflammation and prevent infection in recovering cancer patients.9
- Antioxidants: Honey contains nutraceuticals, which boost our immune system and remove free radicals from our body.
- Energy: Honey is a source of very easily digestible sugars that can serve as a powerful source of energy .8
Acai (pronounced as ah-sigh-ee) berry is often referred to as a superfood due to its powerful antioxidant qualities and nutritional density. Acai contains compounds that both help in preventing genetic damage and in boosting the effectiveness of the immune system. Acai Berries also use hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and flavonoids to fight against free radical damage and age-related conditions, such as insomnia, vision loss, wrinkles and other skin issues, reduced libido, and hair loss.
Acai Berries are also a very effective weight loss aid. They boost your metabolic rate, burning fat and calories, while increasing stamina and energy. The dietary fibers these berries contain also prevent food cravings by interfering with neurotransmitters that trigger hunger. MahMah’s “A Kiss from Heaven” uses an extra powerful dose of Acai Berries in its Fat Burner drink.